THE NEWVILLE FOUNTAIN FESTIVAL RETURNS JUNE 16-17, 2017
This year’s theme: “TELEVISION COMES TO NEWVILLE”.
OUR NEXT PLANNING SESSION WILL BE HELD ON THURSDAY, MAY 4, 2017 at 7:00PM IN THE NEWVILLE BOROUGH OFFICE at 4WEST STREET. VOLUNTEERS ARE WELCOME!
STAY TUNED FOR MORE DETAILS OF FOUNTAIN FESTIVAL 2017
Fountain Festival 2017 Vendor ApplicationFountain_Festival_Vendor_Application_2017.doc
To register for the Porch Decorating Contest, please call the Borough Office at 776-7633
Volunteers are needed to help organize the parade. If you would like to help, please call Carolyn Kough at 776-3533.
Workers are needed for both days of the event. This is a great opportunity for college students to earn extra money. Contact Fred Potzer at 776-7633 if you would like to help.
NEWVILLE FOUNTAIN FESTIVAL COMMITTEE
Meeting Notes from the April 13, 2017 meeting.
The Newville Fountain Festival Committee met on April 13, 2017 at 7:00PM in the Newville Borough Office. Chairman Carolyn Kough called the meeting to order. Members present included: Dick Copenhaver, Kristi Keebaugh, Clarence Fry, Judy Hockensmith and Carolyn Kough.
1. Craft Vendors: Applications were mailed on April 1, 2017. As of April 13, 2017, nine (9) applications have been returned with payment. Three new requests have been received.
2. Food Vendors: Judy Hockensmith reported that four (4) food vendor applications have been received.
3. Car Show: Dick Copenhaver reported that posters have been printed and are in the process of being distributed to local businesses; a letter to 128 local car club members will be mailed in two weeks; there will be a $10 admission fee to defray the costs of the event; Harry Barrick hopes to provide at least 25 antique tractors; banners promoting the expanded car show at Community Park will be purchased from the Newville Print Shop.
4. TV Personality Contest: No report.
5. Children’s Events: Kristi Keebaugh reported that plans are underway for the children’s movie to be presented at the Newville Elementary School on Friday night. The Petting Zoo may not be available this year. Kid’s alley will feature games for children. A donation of Candy Prizes will be requested from the Big Spring Pharmacy.
6. Chalk Art: It was reported that Rausa is in the process of obtaining gift certificates from the pizza shop and diner to serve as prizes. An area on West Street near the borough office will be designated for the chalk art contest.
7. Parade: Carolyn Kough reported that the Shippensburg Swing Band will provide members to walk in the parade. The popular Zembo mini cars will return this year.
8. Duck Derby: 300 tickets will be sold from five locations this year. The derby will be held on Saturday at 12 Noon at the Laughlin Mill.
9. Festival Brochure: Carolyn reminded members to finalize details of their events, as the final draft of the festival brochure will be prepared at the next meeting.
10. Car Race: The recycled car race will not be held this year. Plans are to hold the race in 2018; the students vs. teachers basketball game will not be held as planned.
11. Festival Map: Myra Barrick has offered to prepare a festival map. Members felt this was a very good idea.
12. Next Meeting: Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 7:00PM in the Newville Borough Office.
Minutes recorded by:
Fred A. Potzer
Some photos for your enjoyment of previous Newville Fountain Festivals….....................
Pictures of 2015 Fountain Festival
Direction Map of Newville Borough