The Big Spring Kiwanis Club recently donated $500 for the new children’s playground to be constructed at the Newville Trailhead Facility on McFarland Street. The donation helps the borough to move very close to reaching its goal of $9,350 in order to match a like amount provided by the Cumberland County Board of Commissioners from the Land Partnership Grant Program. The borough hopes to begin construction of the new play area this summer. The current plans call for purchasing a playground structure from manufactured by Playworld Systems. Pictured in the photo are: Big Spring Kiwanis President Brian Kump, Newville Borough Councilman Edward Sinkovitz, and Kiwanis Club Treasurer Andrea Crider.
Latest News & Events
- MOVIE NIGHT AT THE NEWVILLE COMMUNITY PARK
- NATIONAL NIGHT OUT RETURNS AUGUST 2, 2016
- MEETING LOCATION CHANGED
- WHAT ARE POLICEMEN MADE OF?
- TREE TRIMMING UNDERWAY on BOROUGH STREETS
- LIFENET HELICOPTER TO VISIT NEWVILLE
- 4TH OF JULY HOLIDAY RESULTS IN TRASH COLLECTION DELAY
- 57th ANNUAL NEWVILLE LIONS CLUB FAIR