Newville Borough Code Enforcement Officer Timothy Wolfe has issued a reminder to residents in the wake of this week’s snow and ice storms. All residential and commercial property owners, including landlords are reminded of the borough regulations to clear a minimum path on the sidewalk of at least 30 inches, within 24 hours following the end of a winter storm. Following the storm, to prevent slipping, sidewalks should be treated with rock salt, calcium chloride or an abrasive such as cat litter, sand or other measure to insure traction. Penalty for violation is a$25.00 fine”.
Latest News & Events
- COFFEE AND CONVERSATION with BOROUGH OFFICIALS
- UPCOMING EVENTS AT THE BIG SPRING SENIOR CENTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER ISSUES SNOW REMOVAL REMINDER
- EXPECT TRASH AND RECYCLING DELAYS DUE TO ROAD CONDITIONS
- DINNER & AUCTION TO BENEFIT PAW PACKS PROGRAM
- FOUNTAIN FESTIVAL REGISTRATIONS NOW AVAILABLE