Harold “Pete” Heckendorn Remembered: The patriotic bunting on the front of the Newville Municipal Building has been placed there in honor and emembrance of Harold “Pete” Heckendorn. Mr. Heckendorn served as a member of the Newville Borough Council for many years, and was a past Fire Chief of the Friendship Hose Company. He was a combat veteran of World War II, having served in the 87 Infantry. Known to many in the community as “Pete” he was especially proud to have served in General Patton’s Army. The bunting was donated by his son, Kim Heckendorn who is a member of the Newville Borough Council.
Latest News & Events
- WHAT ARE POLICEMEN MADE OF?
- TREE TRIMMING UNDERWAY on BOROUGH STREETS
- LIFENET HELICOPTER TO VISIT NEWVILLE
- 4TH OF JULY HOLIDAY RESULTS IN TRASH COLLECTION DELAY
- 57th ANNUAL NEWVILLE LIONS CLUB FAIR
- DUCK DERBY TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE
- NEWVILLE FOUNTAIN FESTIVAL RETURNS June 17-18, 2016
- 9/11 MEMORIAL SERVICE PLANNED