Be sure to join your friends and neighbors for Newville’s Fourth Annual National Night Out to be held at Fountain Square on Tuesday, August 6, 2013 from 6PM to 9PM. The event is sponsored by Mayor Becky Barrick, Police Chief Randy Finkey, and the Newville Borough Police Department. The event will feature displays of emergency equipment, live entertainment, air rides for the children, games and plenty of free food and refreshments. In fact, the entire event is free to the public! National Night Out is held on the first Tuesday in August of each year. The purpose of the event is to strengthen the bond between police and the community. According to Police Chief Randy Finkey, this year’s event will feature tours of the police station along with a bicycle safety inspection and registration program. Bicycles passing a basic safety inspection will receive a license courtesy of the Newville Borough PD! Be sure to visit Mayor Barrick and Police Clerk Vickie Negley in front of the police station for free coloring books, stickers and pencil bags. Watch for more information regarding this event on the this website, and in the Valley Times Star newspaper!
Latest News & Events
- POLICE DEPARTMENT SEEKING SPONSORS FOR NATIONAL NIGHT OUT
- SPRING BRUSH COLLECTION
- JOHN GRAHAM LIBRARY ANNUAL PLANT SALE
- LIBRARY FARMERS MARKET RETURNS IN MAY!
- HISTORICAL SOCIETY PLANT and BAKE SALE
- LIBRARY TO HOST LIFENET HELICOPTER AT COMMUNITY PARK
- COOL SPRING SOURCE WATER ADVISORY BOARD
- NEWVILLE BOROUGH COUNCIL VACANCY