Members of the Big Spring Kiwanis Club turned their Thursday meeting night into a work session in order to prepare for National Night Out, to be held on Tuesday, August 6, 2013. The event will be held from 6:00PM to 9:00PM on Big Spring Avenue near the Fountain. The members of the Big Spring Kiwanis Club have generously donated over $400 in back to school supplies for this event. The Kiwanis Club will be sponsoring a “Duck Derby” for children of the community during NNO. The Kiwanis Club members urge parents to take advantage of this opportunity to stock up on free back to school supplies. Financial support of the National Night Out and other community endeavors is a result of the hard work and dedication the club members. The members of Newville Borough Council, Mayor Becky Barrick and the Newville Borough Police Department applaud the dedication and community spirit exhibited by members of the Big Spring Kiwanis Club. Pictured in the photograph are: Treasurer Andrea Crider and Secretary Becky Heberlig. Back row: President Brian Kump, Edward Sinkovitz, Nelson Myers, and Jeffrey Cohick.
Latest News & Events
- WHAT ARE POLICEMEN MADE OF?
- TREE TRIMMING UNDERWAY on BOROUGH STREETS
- LIFENET HELICOPTER TO VISIT NEWVILLE
- 4TH OF JULY HOLIDAY RESULTS IN TRASH COLLECTION DELAY
- 57th ANNUAL NEWVILLE LIONS CLUB FAIR
- DUCK DERBY TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE
- NEWVILLE FOUNTAIN FESTIVAL RETURNS June 17-18, 2016
- 9/11 MEMORIAL SERVICE PLANNED