Members of the Big Spring Kiwanis Club turned their Thursday meeting night into a work session in order to prepare for National Night Out, to be held on Tuesday, August 6, 2013. The event will be held from 6:00PM to 9:00PM on Big Spring Avenue near the Fountain. The members of the Big Spring Kiwanis Club have generously donated over $400 in back to school supplies for this event. The Kiwanis Club will be sponsoring a “Duck Derby” for children of the community during NNO. The Kiwanis Club members urge parents to take advantage of this opportunity to stock up on free back to school supplies. Financial support of the National Night Out and other community endeavors is a result of the hard work and dedication the club members. The members of Newville Borough Council, Mayor Becky Barrick and the Newville Borough Police Department applaud the dedication and community spirit exhibited by members of the Big Spring Kiwanis Club. Pictured in the photograph are: Treasurer Andrea Crider and Secretary Becky Heberlig. Back row: President Brian Kump, Edward Sinkovitz, Nelson Myers, and Jeffrey Cohick.
Latest News & Events
- ACCIDENT DISRUPTS SERVICE AT PHARMACY
- MEMORIAL DAY PARADE AND SERVICE
- FOUNTAIN FESTIVAL FATHER of the DAY CONTEST
- POLICE DEPARTMENT SEEKING SPONSORS FOR NATIONAL NIGHT OUT
- SPRING BRUSH COLLECTION
- JOHN GRAHAM LIBRARY ANNUAL PLANT SALE
- LIBRARY FARMERS MARKET RETURNS IN MAY!
- HISTORICAL SOCIETY PLANT and BAKE SALE