Jefferson Gurganious, Jr. of the Newville Public Works Department has refurbished the borough’s leaf collection machine. The leaf collection machine is now ready for fall clean-up. The engine was serviced and repaired. Several parts on the machine were replaced thanks to fabrication provided by Tom Drost of Jireh Welding. A new collection hose was purchased and installed and the machine was sanded and re-painted to a safety yellow color. The work was completed at a cost of less than $2,000. The leaf collection machine is a 1996 model Giant Leaf Vac purchased by the borough from U.S. Municipal Supply in Huntington at a cost of $27,000 with a PA DEP Recycling Grant. The machine looks like new thanks to the work of Mr. Gurganious and the Department of Public Works.
Latest News & Events
- DON’T MISS THE UPCOMING HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL!!!
- COMMUNITY DINNER AT ZION CHURCH MARCH 3, 2019
- FEBRUARY 2019 EVENTS AT THE BIG SPRING SENIOR CENTER
- 2019 MEETING SCHEDULE FOR NEWVILLE BOROUGH
- HEATING ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE TO NEWVILLE RESIDENTS
- CUMBERLAND COUNTY HAZARD MITIGATION PLAN UPDATE
- GOVERNOR WOLFE ANNOUNCES EMERGENCY RELIEF FOR CUMBERLAND COUNTY FARMERS
- LEAF COLLECTION MACHINE REFURBISHED FOR FALL