As part of their planned activities for “Newville Cares Day”, the students of the Newville Elementary School, under the direction of Ms. Housel and Mrs. Yost completed the painting of a colorful mural at the lower pavilion of the Newville Community Park. This will be the first of several murals planned for the park buildings in the years to come. Thanks to the tremendous success of the first student created mural, plans are being made for another to be completed during the 2019 “Newville Cares Day”. Mayor Randy Finkey and members of the Newville Borough Council wish to commend the students and faculty for their colorful addition to the Newville Community Park. Special thanks also go out to Newville contractor Todd Barrick who designed and constructed the mural frame, and local sign painter Cary Murray of the Walnut Bottom Sign Company. The students of the Newville Elementary School also delivered hand crafted flower pots complete with summary flowers to all of the secretaries throughout the borough to brighten their day. Mayor Finkey engaged the students in helping to complete the planting of vegetable seedlings at the Newville Community Garden, located to the rear of the Newville Elementary School. Vegetables harvested from the Newville Community Garden will benefit another worthy Big Spring School District endeavor, the Paw Pacs Program.
Latest News & Events
- DON’T MISS THE UPCOMING HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL!!!
- COMMUNITY DINNER AT ZION CHURCH MARCH 3, 2019
- FEBRUARY 2019 EVENTS AT THE BIG SPRING SENIOR CENTER
- 2019 MEETING SCHEDULE FOR NEWVILLE BOROUGH
- HEATING ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE TO NEWVILLE RESIDENTS
- CUMBERLAND COUNTY HAZARD MITIGATION PLAN UPDATE
- GOVERNOR WOLFE ANNOUNCES EMERGENCY RELIEF FOR CUMBERLAND COUNTY FARMERS
- LEAF COLLECTION MACHINE REFURBISHED FOR FALL