The First Ever Newville Area Gingerbread House Decorating Contest sponsored by the Newville Community and Economic Development Committee.
• There is no entry fee. It is FREE to enter.
• Entrant must be a resident of the Big Spring School District.
• The base may not be larger than 14“ X 14” (35 cm X 35 cm).
• The “house” must be made of gingerbread or graham crackers.
• There is no requirement on decorations
• There is no limit to the height of the “house” as long as it is free standing.
• Houses will not be judged on taste.
Houses will be judged on:
• Quality of construction
• Attention to detail
• Overall appearance
• Elementary school (Grades K to 5)
• Middle School (Grades 6 to 9)
• High School (grades 10 to 12)
• Adult (college and above)
• Family (a combination of any persons from two or more divisions)
• First Place award: $100 (Second Place award: $50; Third Place Award: $25)
• There will be a first place award in each division. If fifteen or more entries are received in any division, then a second place and a third place will be awarded in that division.
• Special prizes may be awarded.
• Entries MUST be dropped off at the Movement Outreach Center (at the intersection of South High Street and Chestnut Street) in Newville on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 between the hours of 4:00 PM and 7:00 PM.
• Entries will be on public display at the Movement Outreach Center on Friday, December 16, 2016 from 10:00 AM until the time of the awards.
• Winners will be announced and prizes awarded at the Meet Santa Claus Event on Friday, December 16, 2016 at 7:30 PM.
• All entries (EXCEPT the winning entries) must be removed after the award presentation. If not removed by 10:00 PM, the remaining entries will be discarded.
Winning entries will be on display at the following sponsor locations until noon on December 23, 2016.