The Newville Borough Water and Sewer Authority recently received permission from Richard and Ann Gobin to construct a dry fire hydrant on their property at 91 South High Street. The hydrant was installed by Blue Mountain Excavating. Authority Engineer William F. Hill, P.E. obtained the necessary permits for the project. The Authority plans to add two additional dry hydrants at other locations in Newville to supplement the public water supply in the event of a fire. The hydrant has been tested by the Friendship Hose Company of Newville. The Newville Borough Water and Sewer Authority wishes to acknowledge the assistance and support of Richard and Ann Gobin, Doug Johnson and Kevin Lay of Blue Mountain Excavating, along with Fire Chief Joel Griffie and George “Buck” Bigler of the Friendship Hose Company No. I, Inc. Joseph Lehman, NWSA Chief Plant Operator along with Kevin Page and Tim Zeigler of the Authority staff also assisted with the project.
Latest News & Events
- MEMORIAL DAY PARADE AND SERVICE
- FOUNTAIN FESTIVAL FATHER of the DAY CONTEST
- POLICE DEPARTMENT SEEKING SPONSORS FOR NATIONAL NIGHT OUT
- SPRING BRUSH COLLECTION
- JOHN GRAHAM LIBRARY ANNUAL PLANT SALE
- LIBRARY FARMERS MARKET RETURNS IN MAY!
- HISTORICAL SOCIETY PLANT and BAKE SALE
- LIBRARY TO HOST LIFENET HELICOPTER AT COMMUNITY PARK