Valley Quarries of Chambersburg will begin construction on July 10, 2014 of improvements related to the Newville Borough Safe Routes to School Project. The $306,000 state funded project will provide new sidewalks, curbs and storm drainage along West Street and Steelstown Road. The pedestrian access road through the Newville Community Park to the Newville Elementary School will be improved. A pedestrian crosswalk signal will be installed at the school crossing located at West Street and West Main Street. Crosswalk improvements will be completed at several intersections throughout the borough. Construction will continue through August, and motorists may experience delays during construction.
Latest News & Events
- PLEASE CUT GRASS AND WEEDS
- SWIMMING POOLS REQUIRE PERMIT APPROVAL
- Newville Police Department T-Shirts
- 2016 HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE DROP - OFF EVENT
- NATIONAL NIGHT OUT RETURNS AUGUST 2, 2016
- MEETING LOCATION CHANGED
- WHAT ARE POLICEMEN MADE OF?
- TREE TRIMMING UNDERWAY on BOROUGH STREETS