25 Years of Fountain Festival Fun
Friday, June 17, 2022
- Streets are closed at 2:00PM by WEMA and vendors begin to arrive.
- Food court opens at 4:00PM
- Porch Decorating Contest winners announced at 6:00PM
- Trivia Contest – 4:30PM to 5:00PM Borough Council v. Big Spring Kiwanis
- Shippensburg Swing Band, 5:30PM to 6:30PM
- Parade forms at 6:00PM on Broad Street, the parade will start at 7:00PM. This year’ Grand Marshall will be Carolyn Kough. Invited judges: W. Irvin Nelson, Joey Diehl and Bob Kanc.
- Newville Slide Show Presentation by Historian Bob Over, 8:30PM at Ingram Hall, Zion Lutheran Church
- Tractor Twang Line Dance from 8:30PM to 9:30PM
- Festival closes at 10:00PM
Saturday, June 18, 2022
- Friendship Hose Company Breakfast, 8AM to 10AM
- 5k Run at 9AM
- Baking Contest, Judging and Auction at 9AM sponsored by the Big Spring Senior Center.
- Tractor and Farm Equipment Show on Parsonage St, 10AM to 2PM
- Friends of the John Graham Library Book sale all day at the library grounds
- Walking tours of Big Spring Presbyterian Church Cemetery at 10AM & 11AM
- Duck Derby at the fountain, 11AM for children 4-12 years old
- Invited Civil War Re-enactors “The Bucktails”, encampment at 1 Parsonage St
- Pony Rides on Heller Street by Winsome Farms to be invited
- Tours of the Green Ridge Train Museum from 10AM to 2PM with a courtesy shuttle bus provided by Presbyterian Homes
- Mr. Mike’s Dinosaur Show, 11AM on Parsonage Street sponsored by the Big Spring Kiwanis
- Red 101 DJ throughout the day; LIVE MUSIC from 12Noon to 3PM by the Klinger McFry Band.
- Food, craft and public service vendors on Parsonage Street, West Street and W. Big Spring Avenue.
- Festival contest winners announced at 2:30PM, festival will close at 3:00PM.